At FIAT, we don’t just give students education, but also give them practical experience in the field. We help them prepare hands on, which makes them succeed in their career.
These programmes are suitable for anyone interested in joining and building a career in New Zealand’s horticulture industry.
They are delivered on commercial production sites by teachers with strong industry experience.
The Franklin Institute of Agri-Technology (Franklin Agritech) is located in Pukekohe, south of Auckland & Tauranga, Bay of Plenty on the fringes of major horticulture production areas of New Zealand. This NZQA-registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) is housed on a 24 acres prime agricultural land in Auckland and on 5-6 acres agricultural production site in Tauranga. Franklin Agritech operates as part and parcel of the Rupex Group of companies which have been servicing horticulture industry, successfully for than 22 years.
We are the leaders in horticulture training.
FIAT encourages (and helps) students on all programmes to take up part-time work in the industry during your study to increase the practical exposure to industry practice and increase career options once you have completed the programme.
All programmes are suitable for international students and are fully approved and accredited by NZQA (the New Zealand Qualifications Authority).
Franklin Institute of Agri-technology (FIAT) offers the following qualifications:
NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATE IN HORTICULTURE PRODUCTION Level 4 (ONE-YEAR), Apply Now
NEW ZEALAND DIPLOMA IN HORTICULTURE PRODUCTION Level 5 ( ONE-YEAR) Apply Now
NEW ZEALAND DIPLOMA IN HORTICULTURE PRODUCTION Level 5 (TWO-YEAR) – International. Apply Now
NEW ZEALAND DIPLOMA IN HORTICULTURE PRODUCTION Level 5 (TWO-YEAR) – Domestic. Apply Now
• NZQA in 2016 gave accreditation to FIAT to deliver and assess teaching/training programme in Horticulture production for National Certificate in Horticulture level 4 Advanced.
• NZQA in July 2017 gave FIAT accreditation to offer ‘NZ Certificate in Horticulture Production L 4’ and ‘NZ Diploma in Horticulture Production L 5’ which were implemented from 2018-19.
• NZQA conducted EER in early 2018 and FIAT was given Category II ( Confident in educational performance and Confident in capability of dself-assessment)
• We hold export certification for export of Cymbidium cut flowers to USA for several years.
• FIAT is a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.
• Professional Member Royal Society of New Zealand
• Member International Horticultural Society
• Member NZ Institute of Agriculture and Horticulture Sciences
• Member International Plant Propagation Society (IPPS)
• Member of NZ Plant Producers society Inc. (NZPPI)
• Member India NZ Business council
• Member of Independent Tertiary Education New Zealand (ITENZ)