HORTICULTURE, Part of Essential services Covid- 19, Pandemic
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1 .We at Auckland like rest of the country has moved to Alert level 1. Please follow Govt guidelines for Alert Level 1.
This page has been set up to provide information for anyone studying at FIAT with questions or concerns about COVID-19. We will keep the page updated , we are making every effort to keep students well informed.
Essential businesses, and those that support them, will continue to provide the necessities of life for everyone in New Zealand during Alert Level 1.
FIAT will continue with online classes and practical classes based on the designed roster for each student.
Information for students
- Please contact FIAT Managing Director or teacher for any support.
- Government helpline -If you’re not sure who to contact for help, call the free government helpline on 0800 779 997 (8am–1am, 7 days a week).
- Got symptoms? Call your GP before you visit. Or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
- If you feel you are not coping, it is important to talk with a health professional. For support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, you can call or text 1737– free, anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – to talk with a trained counsellor.
- Be aware of online scams and malicious cyber activity relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. There have been a number of incidents of emails attempting to trick people into sharing their personal information or download malware.
- Please visit Covid19.govt.nz. for every information, please do not be dependent on social media for information.
Prevention – how to protect yourself and others
- Stay at home
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds)
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs
The NZ Government has advised that all New Zealanders do not travel overseas at this time due to the outbreak of COVID-19, associated health risks and travel restrictions. The options for New Zealanders to get home are reducing dramatically.